Are you looking for superfoods and a healthy diet for your Immunity and good Heart health diet and avoiding lifestyle diseases like Blood pressure, diabetes, etc.?
Are you looking for Healthy diet tips to look young and energetic throughout day.
Are you looking for 10 Super foods for high level of energy and Immunity in Covid times .
In this blog we will cover
- Healthy Diet Plan
- Heart Healthy Diet
- Healthy Diet for weight loss
- Healthy Diet Tips
- What are the 10 best food to eat
- What food you should eat every day
- What is an unhealthy diet?
What is a healthy diet?
The purpose of healthy diet is to provide us nutrients which nourish our body . It provides us energy and strength for daily activities.
Its helps us to avoid lifestyle diseases, and maintain normal body weight , to keep out gut or digestion system healthy, and overall well being and immunity.
While making a Healthy diet plan , we should consider 3 major macro nutrients : Carbs, Protein and good fats.
Good Carbs are found in Millets, Cereals, Fruits and Vegetables, which have low Glycemic Index.
Avoid refined carbs like Maida, Sugar and Refined Oils ( Example Biscuits , Cakes, Pastries have all 3 Unhealthy carbs)
A healthy diet for Brain Power
Healthy diet plan to boost brain function : We need following main foods category.
- Antioxidants ( For reducing inflammation, increases Immunity, prevents cell damage )
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids ( Help increase blood flow to the brain)
- Flavonoids ( also helps memory )
Healthy diet plan can include Top Antioxidant foods containing :
- Dark Chocolate
Top Healthy Diet having Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- All Nuts and seeds
- Chia seeds
Top Healthy Diet Plan having Flabonoids
- Green Tea
- Red cabbage
- All berries
- Dark chocolate
Healthy Diet for Managing Diabetes
The root cause of High sugar levels are
- Acidity and Inflammation in our Body.
- IGF – Growth Hormone.
- Fat storage in our Body
- Not eating healthy Micro Nutrients
- Daily Stress and Emotions.
- Lymphatic system blockages- due to lack of exercise.
- Lack of strength exercise and fewer muscles strength
Simple Diet Plan for Heart and Diabetes
- Exclude all Diary products completely from Diet. This includes milk in Tea, Coffee, Biscuits, Paneer, all products which have milk. Just this change brings a lot of difference in Blood sugar levels, for me after leaving all Milk products, I was able to get rid of BP medicines and sugar came down drastically. We should take precautions, by daily monitoring our blood sugar as we remove milk and milk products completely from our diet. This Healthy Diet Plan will also reduce our weight.
- Why milk and milk products should be excluded from our diet: a) Milk has IGF – insulin-like growth Factor b) Nowadays the milk is mass-produced to cater to the huge population, and milk contain – Antibiotics, Pesticides, Pus, etc
- We can replace Animal Milk with Nut Milk ( Coconut Milk, Almond milk, Plant-based milk, it have very fewer chances of having antibiotics, Pesticides, etc. We can also have Green Tea, Chamomile Tea, Balck Tea, Black Coffee, Herbal Teas as a replacement for Milk Tea/ Coffee with Milk.
- Another healthy option is drinking Healthy smoothies – Mixing Different Green Leaves and seasonal Fruits ( Low GLymecic Index).
- Breakfast: Avoid rice, and wheat products in Breakfast, as it may shoot up sugar levels in the morning. Eat more Proteins rich food, for example, Chilla made with Lentils, Dhokla, Steamed food, Whole Moong Dosa, Moong Idli, Besan Chilla. We can eat sprouts also for breakfast as they have high-quality protein and micronutrients which helps us.
- Lunch and Dinner Option: Healthy Diet plan for Lunch and Dinner: a) We may have more Vegetables in our diet, for example, steamed Brocolli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, and Green Leafy Vegetables, like Kale, Bokchow, b) Tasty Salad option. We can include a salad in all our meals, and try to make it tasty by adding flavors and spices c) Healthy Carbs like Emmer Wheat Roti or Brown rice or Millets or Jowar. Ideally, we should have only 1 type of Health carb in our meals d) Lentils like Moong Dal, Rajma, etc
- We can exclude in Healthy Diet – Wheat, rice, and all Wheat products. : It is found to increase inflammation in our body.
- Gluten-Free Diet: After I completely avoided food items having Gluten- dramatic changes over a period of time was felt, with more energy, fewer allergies, and no slump in post-lunch. Earlier after having chapati, useful to feel dull, lazy, and sleepy.
- Micro Nutrients for Healthy Diet for Diabetes is most essential as it improves the high level of Oxidative stress, Impaired metabolism, Inflammation in blood vessels. Insulin Resistance, Protects nerve cells, prevents vascular damage, promotes glucose metabolism. Some of the Critical Micro Nutrients essential for a Healthy Diet for Diabetes Control are: Vitamin B ( Metabolism ), Vitamin B6, B12 supports the nervous system and eyes. Vitamin C, E . Vitamin D. Omega 3 fatty acids, Coenzyme Q10, Magnesium.
- Juice Feasting: IDEALLY, IT CAN BE ONLY vegetable JUICES throughout the day
- But if you are uncomfortable you can have
- Clear soups made with 1 tbsp vegetables, only 200 ml at a time.
- Black tea only twice a day OR
- Coffee with or without Coconut milk (15ml) / Coconut oil only once a day.
- Shahi paani – water with 1tsp sabja seeds, rock salt, and lemon, 1 cup at a time. (For
- High Potassium patients, Avoid Sabja/Chia, Lemon, and rock salt.)
- Soaked Nuts 8-10
- 3-4 tsp of seeds Keep it simple as you can!!
- Intermittent Fasting for Diabetes Management
- After I started intermittent fasting it accelerated my weight loss journey and also helped in Diabetes Management.
- Initially used to have a headache as my body not used to fasting.
- Started Vegetable Juice fasting to avoid Headaches. As the body gets all nutrients, used to have vegetable juice feasting by having it every 2 hours. One example is Cucumber Juice. Carrot Juice, Capsicum, and Cucumber juice. Tomato and Carrot Juice.
- After doing multiple rounds of Juice feasting every Sunday- felt very lighter, more energy, and not hungry as all Nutrients from vegetables are going into the body.
- Took precautions to buy Organic Vegetables only and washing Vegetables with salt and turmeric. Only after 2 hours of soaking used them for Making Juice.
5 Health Benefits of Broccoli
- Potassium in Broccoli helps to reduce blood pressure, zinc supports our immune and helps in healing wounds.
- Broccoli is rich in Vitamin B6, helps in using energy stored in Proteins and carbohydrates for our metabolism.
- It is full of Vitamin C, which is beneficial for increasing our immunity.
- Broccoli has lots of fibre in it, which is beneficial for our digestive system and bowel movement.
- Broccoli has lots of Vitamin K, which helps us in reducing clots formation, prevents bleeding after injury.
Top 10 Super foods which inculcate in our Healthy Diet
As per a study done, there is no exclusive food, but the combination of foods gives us health benefits and energy to meet our daily requirements. Having a rainbow cloured diet with taking care of calories is ideal. Some of Superfoods are
- Nuts and Seeds ( They help in reducing heart diseases and improve brain function) example Hazelnut, Walnut, Almonds, Cashews, Coconut, Chia seed, and Flaxseed. They also have major micronutrients. We can take them in natural form, not with added salt, sugar, or fried. These do not require any preparation, ideally soaked in water before consuming. Adding them to a salad will make the delicious dish too.
- Legumes ( Example Black beans, Red Beans, Peas ). They are rich in fiber, folate, and plant-based protein, they help reduce heart-related complications.
- Plant-based Yogurt, an example from Coconut Milk.
- Dark Leafy Greens: are a good source of Vitamin C, A, and Calcium, they are also full of fiber. A tasty smoothie can also be made by adding small fruit. We can also make soups and stews from Dark Leafy Greens. It is most beneficial for all to add to their Daily Healthy Diet.
- Whole Grains: Example Millets, Quinoa, Emmer Wheat, Oat Meal, Brown Rice, Jowar, Bajra. Processed grains as per my experience found harmful as is it have chemicals, genetically modified for mass production, increases weight, allergy, increase blood sugar, and are addictive. Whole Grain in our Healthy Diet can increase Fibre, they contain Vitamin B, minerals. They have been shown to reduce cholesterol, and protect the heart.
- Fruits and Berries: Example Apple, Avacado, Orange, Blueberry, strawberry, Rasberry. These do not require any preparation and are rich in Fibre.
- Healthy Vegetables in Healthy Diet Plan can include, Bell papers, Brocolli, Carrots, Cucumber, garlic, onion, Kale. They provide the World’s most concentrated form of Nutrients. Ideally to be washed thoroughly in salt, turmeric, and water to wash away from any pesticide, etc.
- Healthy Fats and Oils: Example Ghee, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil. Avoid all refined oils.
- Dark Chocolate: Very good source of antioxidants and magnesium.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Probiotics: Can lower sugar levels and moderate weight loss.
Excessive usage of enclosed foods can be harmful to our immune System
These food can washed thoroughly before using, so that harmful chemicals are washed away, and also soaked for 24 hours , and water changed every 12 hours to make it digestible. Those having digestive problems and low immune system can totally avoid these foods.
- Lima Beans
- Raw kidney beans
- Navy Beans
How to eat our Food
It is also very important to consider -How to eat our food , attitude towards preparing and eating food.
- Mindful eating
- Eat up 80% full capacity ( So that it can mix up with digestive enzymes, Acids
- Full attention towards food.
- Gratitude towards God and the person who prepared.
- Not while watching TV, Mobile, etc.
- Meditative mood.
Chewing food for Digestive Health
Proper chewing our food has tremendous benefit to our gut .It has benefit to our
- Digestive system and Gut Health: Digestion starts the moment food comes into our vision, the smell of food activates enzymes, we start generating saliva. ( If we are watching TV, Mobile phone while eating, without giving full attention, our digestion may not be good.
- When we don’t chew food properly: Acidity increases, as the stomach release acids to digest food, which should have digested with saliva with proper chewing.
- Chewing food reduces Acidity.
- Overeating can be avoided.
- Truly enjoy food by slowly chewing food.
Good Healthy Diet, Exercise and Meditation is the best Combination for Overall Wellness: Some of the Free Heartfulness Resources can help our Fasting and weight reduction journey: I have been doing Heartfulness Meditation since 2001.
Free Meditation App with Live Trainers
Free Online Meditation Sessions with Trainers