“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.”-Mahatma Gandhi.
“When you start eating food without labels, you no longer need to count calories.”- Amanda Kraft
Complete Wellness means Having holistic and 360 degree view of Wellness which includes:
- Physical Wellness
- Intellectual wellness
- Mental Wellness
- Emotional Wellness
- Social Wellness
- Financial Wellness
- Spiritual Wellness
Many people have the conception that complete wellness means physical wellness. But we can see it is much more. And there is a relationship between mental and emotional wellness on physical wellness and the opposite too.
The impact of taking action on complete wellness: It will increase overall health, energy levels, a good emotional state, and happier life.
In this Blog will cover above topics in detail to include various practices for complete wellness which inludes
- Creating effective Sleeping habits.
- Stress Management and Guided Techniques
- Fasting for complete wellness
- Good Nutrition
- Emotional Wellness techniques
Creative Effective Sleeping habits for complete wellness
Do you get up feeling refreshed daily.
Do you sleep 7-8 hours per day.
Thoughts interfering in sleep.
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I’m reborn.” – Gandhi.
“A well spent day brings happy sleep.” – Leonardo de Vinci
Some of the Tips for good sleep are
- Take a break from Mobile, laptop, any blue light – at least 1 hour before sleep, as artificial blue light interferes with a natural rhythm.
- Have a gap of 6 hours of Coffee, Tea, or any form of Caffeine before going to bed.
- As per research even though caffeine can positively affect exercise performance.
- But, if caffeine (400mg) before going to bed lowers sleep duration.
- Relaxation or listening to relaxing music can be done before sleeping.
- Read your favorite book., Taking bath before sleep
- Prepare a to-do list for the next day, so that these thoughts don’t interfere with sleep.
- Warm green tea or chamomile tea.
- Spray lavender essence on the pillow.
Importance of Sleep for Complete Wellness
“Sleep is the best meditation.” — Dalai Lama
Guided Sleep Meditation in Less than 5 Minutes Please click here
- Mental Wellness:
- Adequate sleep has huge benefits to our Mind. As per research studies, lots of mental wastage is eliminated during our sleep.
- It is like daily deleting our recycle bin. The brain thus works faster.
- This is key to learning and memory too.
- Regulates our Moods and Emotions
- Melatonin is produced in the evening, once we follow natural cycles of day and night.
- Melatonin is the human equivalent of refueling a gas.
- This proper sleep helps us in regulating our moods thus enhancing our complete wellness.
- Lack of melatonin production due to the natural sleep cycle being disturbed- can lead to depression.
- if our sleep cycle is disrupted, our hormones are impacted too, like hunger leading to obesity.
- Sharper Focus
- By regulating our sleeping patterns, our mind is more focused, altert, and has better endurance.
- On another hand -we can observe on days we slept very late, and in the morning our mood may not be good, the brain may be foggy and suddenly snap at someone, for no reason. It may also leave us distracted the next day.
- Learning ability
- It has been found that improper sleep due to late-night usage mobile, laptop usage can impact our learning ability.
- Memory Storage
- Our Central nervous system does not have a lymphatic drainage system. Our physical body has a lymphatic drainage system.
- Proper sleep help’s us release toxins from our central nervous system.
- Thus helping our memory storage.
- Long term impact
- If our sleep patterns are disturbed over a longer period of time, neurotoxins may build-up, which makes it more and more difficult to get proper sleep. Proper sleep is the most crucial factor in our complete wellness.
“A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.” — Irish proverb
Amazon’s Bezos : “Eight hours of sleep makes a big difference for me, and I try hard to make that a priority”
As Bezos says, “Making a small number of key decisions well is more important than making a large number of decisions. If you shortchange your sleep, you might get a couple of extra ‘productive’ hours, but that productivity might be an illusion.”;
20 Minutes nap
- A brief nap can speed up cognitive processing, decrease errors, and increase stamina for sustained attention to difficult tasks later in the day.
- In Japan, inemuri, or napping at work, is typically viewed positively.
- Midday siestas have long been part of work-life in Spain.
- Google and PriceWaterhouseCoopers have nap pods for employees, understanding that 20 minutes of downtime can make people more effective and productive for many more hours that day.
Guided Heartfulness Relaxation for Deep Sleep
Personally, since many years, found Heartfulness relaxation very effective for deep sleep, ideally can be done before going to sleep, it can be done lying down on bed too. Following are Guided step by step procedure.
- Lie down in Savasana.
- Close your eyes very softly and very gently.
- Let’s begin with the toes. Wiggle your toes. Now feel them relax.
- Relax your ankles and feet. Feel the energy move up from the earth…up to your feet to knees relaxing the legs.
- Relax your thighs. The energy moves up your legs…. relaxing them.
- Now, deeply relax your hips….stomach….and waist.
- Relax your back. From the top to bottom the entire back is relaxed.
- Relax your chest… and shoulders. Feel your shoulders simply melting away…
- Relax your upper arms. Relax each muscle in your forearm…. your hands…. right up to your fingertips.
- Relax the neck muscles. Move your awareness up to your face. Relax the jaws….mouth….nose….eyes….earlobes…..facial muscles….forehead…..all the way to the top of your head.
- Feel how your whole body is now completely relaxed.
- Scan your whole body, if any pain still there, brings energy from mother earth to the body part having pain, energy is melting away any remaining pain.
- The whole-body is relaxed now, healing and relaxing energy have now covered each and every cell of your body.
- The mind is also getting relaxed, and ready to have deeper sleep.
Learn To Relax | Relaxation Free Online : http://en.heartfulness.org/
For Youtube Video on Guided relaxation please click here
How to sleep cycle can be reset naturally
- We can do this by changing the wake-up time.
- It is difficult to control when we fall asleep, but we can control our time we wake up.
- So, when we wake up earlier, it pulls forward the time at which our body is ready to go to bed, the end of the day.
- If we get up at 7 am regularly, if we start getting up at 6.30 am, then the sleep cycle will shift.
- Thus we will get sleepy 30 minutes earlier, for example, 11.30 pm to 11 am.
- This is the way to add momentum to your sleep cycle and get it back on track.
- In summary, get up 30 minutes early than the normal routine wake uptime
- We should go to bed only when feeling sleepy, chose reading a book, instead of mobile surfing.
- Don’t take nap for more than 20 minutes during the day.
Eating habits for good sleep
- Our diet plays important role in our sleep patterns.
- We need to remove all the sleep disruptors from our food.
- Eat dinner 3 hours earlier to your bedtime
- Eat fresh natural foods vs processed foods.
- Chamomile and green tea help a lot.
- Researchers have discovered an amino acid called tryptophan, which helps to sleep better because it is broken down, it produces serotonin and melatonin. These are feel-good hormones.
- Tryptophan is found in Banana, mango, and milk.
- Interestingly it is also found in chocolates ( We can use 95% dark chocolates).
Importance of Sleep environment
- To have good sleeping patterns, we can ensure that environment is helpful.
- We can ensure that the bedroom is dark, cool, and quiet.
- We can ensure the bed is warm and comfortable.
- Keep all mobiles, TV, laptop in different rooms, as they radiate harmful rays impacting our sleep pattern.
Why you need to SLEEP more to LIVE more|Effects of Lack of Sleep on Immune System Click here for Short Video
Healthy Diet for Complete wellness
For complete guide on Healthy Diet please click here
- Our wellness depends a lot on Nutrition.
- How we eat food
- When we eat food
- How we chew food
- What food we eat.
- Fresh vs Stale food
- Gap between food
A complete guide for weight management for Complete wellness
For detailed guide for weight reduction please click here
Stress Management for Complete Wellness
Being happy and joyful by Managing stress is also very important for complete wellness.
While we are in joyful, happy state, our productivity increases, motivation increases, we can take action, thus bringing good results, leading to complete wellness .
On other hand day to day Stress has lost of Cost , example US Economy 100 Billion USD.
We can see there is huge impact of Stress on our Health- Cardiovascular system, Immune system, Digestive system.
Stress Management becomes all the more important for our Complete Wellness.
The root cause of stress is also due to do fact that our Brain as per the evolutionary cycle is always looking to be Safe, Survival mode, avoid pain.
Earlier our ancestors use to run away from Tiger. In modern world Tiger is replaced by Covid- Situation, Work related stress, Mother-in law, Traffic, Loan burden and so on… Tiger or stress is always in front of us . We in constant stressful situation.
We are in fearful, anxiety state, leading to less motivation,leading to less action, and less results, leading to self-sabotage.
Good part is stress can be managed, we can bring back joy in our life leading to complete wellness with various options.
Short Video – How to Cultivate Happiness please click here
Diary writing when mind full of thoughts
One technique to manage stress is by managing our thoughts, via diary writing .
- Our life nowadays is so busy and hectic, that we have less time for ourselves.
- Just as we are going to sleep, thoughts come up from the subconscious mind.
- It brings up what is important for you.
- We can set 20 minutes of time to write down priorities and how to achieve them.
- Do it every day for 3 weeks, also we can write down 5 things we are grateful for.
- Think over during these moments- What is most important for me. Priority 1, Priority 2
- Then write down, what is 2-minute action I can take every day.
- Write in your diary all fear, anxiety, stressful thoughts.
- We can sub-divide them as How Do I feel physically?
- How do I feel emotionally?
- What emotions are coming up?
- What are my common thought, judgments about the external world?
- How do I feel in my heart?
- A report by the University of Victoria noted that “Writing as part of language learning has a positive correlation with intelligence.”
- Writing goals signals to your brain “this is important.” Your reticular activating system (RAS) then flags relevant opportunities and tools to achieve that goal.
- Journaling is an outlet for processing emotions and increases self-awareness.
- There’s a unique relationship between the hand and brain, sparked by the composition of thoughts and ideas.
- And discipline begets discipline. Like a muscle, the more you exercise it, the stronger it becomes.
- “Writing has critical connections to speaking” according to a Stanford report.
- Expressive writing is a route to healing — emotionally, physically, and psychologically. Dr. James Pennebaker, author of Writing to Heal.
- Journaling about a positive experience allows your brain to relive it.
Do you struggle with regulating your mind? Simple steps to control your mind| Please see this Short Video
Heartfulness Cleaning for Stress Release
- Close your eyes very gently and relax.
- Now focus on your back, from the top of the head to the tailbone.
- Think that all the complexities and impurities from the day are going away. It is a
- the suggestion that it is happening.
- From where? Out your back, from the top of the head to the tailbone. Imagine it.
- How? Think that they are going in the form of smoke.
- Continue with this process.
- When you have settled with this, then accelerate the process.
- Do this for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then gently add the next element to the cleaning process. Imagine that the light is
- descending from above and is entering from the front side of your system. It is passing
- through your entire body, going out from the back and helping you to remove those
- complexities and impurities.
- This light is filling up the vacuum left by the removal of complexities and impurities.
- In the end, make a firm suggestion: all the complexities and impurities are now removed,
- and I feel a lot simpler and purer.
- For Guided Video on heartfulness Cleaning please click here
Ocean of Peace | Removing emotional patterns Please click here
- Sit comfortable and close your eyes.
- Imagine that you in a gentle ocean of Peace.
- The waves are soothing and blissful.
- Have the firm thought that you are immersed in this ocean of peace, and the waves are removing all your coverings.
- Do it for as long as you can, but no longer than 30 minutes.
Deep Breathing technique for Stress Management
- To use any time you feel uncomfortable, in a rush, or unsettled.
- For this breathing exercise, it may be easier to be standing up, but you may also sit
- comfortably with your back straight. In any way, you may find a posture where you feel
- relaxed and alert at the same time.
- You may have your eyes slightly open, unfocused, looking down in front of you, or
- gently closed.
- Observe the normal breathing, without altering it.
- Relax your shoulders and the whole body with a slow and deep breath.
- Now, take a first deep breath through the nose expanding first the abdomen, the chest
- and clavicular region to the maximum capacity.
- While exhaling through the nose again, just let go, allowing the clavicular region, chest, and abdomen to release and empty all the air in your system.
- You may have the suggestion that every physical tension is released.
- When you are ready, take a second deep breath in the same way expanding first the abdomen, the chest, and clavicular region to the maximum capacity.
- While exhaling through the nose again, just let go, allowing the clavicular region, chest, and abdomen to release and empty all the air in your system. You may have the
- suggestion that every emotional tension is released.
- One more time, when you are ready, take a third deep breath in the same way. And
- while exhaling, just let go with the suggestion that every mental tension are released
- and going away.
Stress Management: Meditate to change Habits | How to Pray | Guided Sleep Meditation
Please click here for guided steps
Stress Management: Restore Positivity | Positive Thinking
Please click here for Guided Video
Stress management How to Control Anger | Tips to Control Anger | Anger Management
Please click here for guided steps to release anger.
Stress Management REMEMBER THIS WHEN LIFE GETS YOU DOWN
Please click here to watch this . Lots of ideas shared here.
Meditation for Complete Wellness
- Meditation helps us to heal and transform ourselves.
- Enables us to be whole and look deeply in ourselves and around us.
- By looking deeply , the meditation practitioner gains insight of wisdom, that has power to liberate ourselves from own sufferings and bondage.
- In meditation process : internal blocks of fear, anger, despair and hatred are transformed.
- Relationship with self, humans, and nature becomes easier.
- We feel freedom and jow within.
For detailed free Meditation with any of 13000 Certified Meditation Trainers, please refer to details enclosed.
Free Meditation App with Live Trainers
Free Online Meditation Sessions with Trainers
Become Best Version of Yourself’ for Complete wellness
To get more details of Becoming Best version of yourself to achieve Complete wellness click here